“The sensor on the glove is based on the SoMo by SonicWear, a wearable Arduino-compatible device that is intended for creating interactive dance and music performance. SoMo contains a 9-DOF accelerometer/gyro/magnetometer, microprocessor, battery, and XBee transmitter and receiver pair. Since it’s Arduino-compatible, it can easily be reprogrammed for custom applications.”
Today my pre-ordered 32GB SanDisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive was dispatched.
A perfect review can be read on storagereview.com so no need to reinvent the wheel:
Specification from http://www.sandisk.co.uk/products/wireless/flash-drive/
” The SanDisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive includes all the benefits of a regular flash drive with the added convenience of wireless mobile access to your movies, photos, music, and documents from anywhere in the house or on-the-go. Avoid common hassles such as cables, attachment limits, and Internet availability and enjoy access to the content that matters most—anytime you need it.
- Store, share, and stream files across multiple mobile devices
- 8 simultaneous device connections, 3 media streams
- Works with iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Kindle Fire and Android™ devices
- No cables, router, or Internet connection needed
- Provides up to 4 hours of wireless streaming per charge**
- Wi-Fi Password Protection (WPA2)**
- Download the SanDisk Wireless Flash Drive app for easy access
- Form Factor: USB flash drive
- Charging: USB port
- System Requirements:
- USB 2.0 connection interface or higher
- For mobile device: iOS version 5.0 or higher, Android version 2.3 or higher
- For other Wi-Fi® enabled devices: a web browser
- PC or Mac computer: Windows® 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP or Mac OS 10.6 or higher
- Security: Optional Wi-Fi password protection**
- Dimensions: 3.07 x 1.04 x 0.54 in. and 77.96 x 26.64 x 13.76 mm
- Operating temperature: 32° – 113° F (0° – 45° C)
- Storage temperature: -4° – 158° F (-20° – 70° C)
- Support: One year limited warranty “
” An introduction to wireless charging: changing the way we think about power
Smartphones are changing the way we live our lives, both online and off. With each new model, we are used to getting more processor speed, new features and programs, and entire new ways of using them. Despite increased capabilities, battery life simply hasn’t kept up. For most users, phones are sending out sad bleeps by lunchtime, signaling a low battery.
Wireless charging is set to change this. We want to eradicate the problem of the dead battery.”
Read more : http://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/what-we-do/how-it-works/
“The Wireless Power Consortium created and maintains Qi (pronounced “chee”), the global standard for compatible wireless charging. The Qi standard guarantees that any device carrying the Qi logo will work with any charging surface that carries the Qi logo, regardless of manufacturer or brand.
Qi is backed by over 100 industry-leading companies, who support it because it allows design freedom, product differentiation, and guaranteed wireless charging interoperability .WPC also provides easy access to the essential patents.”
“Kabelloses Ladegerät für Nexus 4″ ist in Ihrem Land nicht verfügbar.”
Nexus 4 wireless charger is actually still not available in Germany.
https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Kabelloses_Ladeger%C3%A4t_f%C3%BCr_Nexus_4?id=nexus_4_wireless_charger&feature=accessories# [visited 13/02/2013]